2017 has been a film success, with varied subject matters and amazing actors that have produced many outstanding movies. Catch all of these movies before the end of the year to experience the best of 2017 cinema!
8. IT – Based on the terrifying Stephen King novel, young kids face the evil clown Pennywise when people in the town of Derry, Maine, mysteriously go missing. This sad and terrifying story certainly got people talking and is for sure one of the scariest movies of the year.
7. Beauty and the Beast – In a remake of the classic Disney movie, Emma Watson plays an amazing Belle accompanied by Dan Stevens, the Beast. This movie is passionate and lighthearted. A great family movie.
6. Lady Bird – In California in the early 2000s, an independent, strong-willed, 17 year old named Lady Bird lives with her similarly opinionated mother, and comes of age in this relationship-oriented film. With complex characters and a powerfully deep look into adolescence, Lady Bird is a must-see.
5. Baby Driver – A getaway driver who constantly listens to music gets involved with a crime boss and one major robbery puts his and his loved ones’ lives on the line. Fast-paced and full of action, this movie is accompanied by an energizing soundtrack, making Baby Driver a thoroughly enjoyable and fun watch.
4. Dunkirk – In May 1940, on the beaches of France, 330,000 Allied troops were saved from German invasion when they escaped from bombed beaches on ships. The story is portrayed tragically yet beautifully in the film, earning it a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. Don’t miss it!
3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi – While veteran Luke Skywalker teaches new force-bearing Rey the ins and outs of being a Jedi, the First Order, led by Kylo Ren and General Hux, attacks Princess Leia and the Resistance in an effort to gain superiority and control the galaxy. This addition to the classic movie franchise is action-packed and exciting, and is a must-see. There is nothing like a new Star Wars movie.
2. Wonder Woman – An Amazonian princess leaves on an adventure to use her powers for good in the midst of World War I. The action-packed film is spirited and exciting, creating an extremely fun and engaging viewing experience.
1.Get Out – While a young African American man spends a weekend with his white girlfriend and her creepily friendly parents, he discovers unimaginably twisted and disturbing secrets. This racial commentary has cleverly inter-woven symbolism, irony, and humor that make it memorable and shocking; best movie of the year.