Makes about 3 servings
- ¾ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- ¾ cup of half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate chips, stirring constantly, in saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar, water and salt.
- Increase heat to medium. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and half & half; cook until heated through. (Do not boil.) Add vanilla.
- Remove from heat; beat with whisk until frothy.
- Pour into mugs. Serve with desired toppings.
(Julia Hartnett ’16, Business & Managing Editor)