Soo Kyeong Kim ’19, Assistant Business and Managing Editor
Sookyeong Kim was born in Korea but doesn’t remember living there, as her family moved to Brookline when she was one year old. When Kim was born, she was given the name Sookyeong Kim, but Kim says the nickname Sooky was made by her friends in elementary school and she has stuck with it since. Kim’s family moved to Wellesley when she was five.
Kim says that she joined the Bradford due to her interest in reading and writing. “I have always loved to read and write, when I saw the journalism course, it was a type that I wasn’t really knowledgeable about, and I wanted to try it,” said Kim.
Whether it’s running on a hot summer day or skiing the slopes in a cool winter blizzard, Sooky Kim ’19 loves to stay active. From horseback riding since fifth grade to track and field, it is evident that Kim is always open and willing to create time to try something new.
Along with her love of being active, Kim also has the task of being a role model to her younger sister, Suzie. Suzie is in sixth grade at the Wellesley Middle School, and Kim says that she loves spending time with her and especially enjoys skiing with her.
Due to Kim’s passion as a reader and writer, she reveals that she would like to pursue something in the future related to the latter, whether it is creative writing on her own, or writing for a news publication.
- Meals2Heal program is launched to support patients fighting cancer (2/7/2017) Posted in: Features
- Senior Districts: The best of the best (1/21/2017) Posted in: Arts
- Song Sisters and Brooks Brothers perform at Bruins game (11/9/2016) Posted in: Arts
- Wellesley Public Media explores self-defense class in “Power-Up” documentary (11/1/2016) Posted in: Features
- Wellesley College Davis Museum expands after renovation (10/26/2016) Posted in: Arts
- Is Wellesley really in a bubble? (10/21/2016) Posted in: Racism in Wellesley
- Varsity girls volleyball team shows that age doesn’t determine skill (10/21/2016) Posted in: Sports