Christie Yu ’18, Web Editor in Chief
Christie Yu ’18 wants to make a difference in the community.
She joined The Bradford in order to make a change. Yu believes that through writing, she can shape how important topics are processed in the community, giving people necessary perspectives that they may be blind to in daily life.
Her features are Yu’s proudest work. She believes that through having a “one-on-one connection,” Yu can strengthen her place in the community. Through her understanding of the “individual” story, Yu believes she can create for herself a wider view of the high school, enhancing her ability to tell stories.
Yu has undertaken a stressful lifestyle. She pushes herself to excel in all work she does, taking some of the hardest courses available in the high school. Yu feeds off this stress in order to give her an edge over students, allowing her to reach a higher work capacity than a majority of students at the high school.
This contrasts sharply with her humble beginnings in Canada. The school Yu went to not only did not offer a science course until the 5th grade, but when it did come it was only available for once a week. So, when she joined the Wellesley program, Yu pushed herself an incredible amount, especially in the field of science. She hopes one day to combine her love for science and writing into a job in scientific journalism.
- New AP Computer Science course introduced, replaces Building Android Apps (1/31/2017) Posted in: News
- American Electoral Politics class prepares students to vote (11/8/2016) Posted in: Features
- Wellesley Public Media explores self-defense class in “Power-Up” documentary (11/1/2016) Posted in: Features
- The differences between you and me (10/21/2016) Posted in: Racism in Wellesley
- Swastika found etched onto Wellesley High School computer screen (10/7/2016) Posted in: News
- Friday night to Sunday morning: Improv Troupe films movie in 48 hours (6/6/2016) Posted in: Arts
- SATIRE: New species discovered among student body; you won’t believe what they can do! (4/29/2016) Posted in: Satire
- K’NEX project rises to Guinness World Record (4/7/2016) Posted in: News
- Red Ink Magazine showcases student creativity (2/1/2016) Posted in: Arts
- AOM: Alex Hermacinski – capturing talent (11/28/2015) Posted in: Arts
- Canvas introduced as learning management system (11/23/2015) Posted in: News
- Magee fosters human connections through ELL program (9/28/2015) Posted in: Features
- Visitez la France! Art department takes students abroad (6/11/2015) Posted in: Arts
- OPINION: “Does Your Generation Have Too Much Self-Esteem?” (5/22/2015) Posted in: Opinion
- OPINION: Should we reinstate schoolwide midterms? (5/10/2015) Posted in: Opinion
- Her Campus teaches “collegiettes” how to survive college (4/3/2015) Posted in: Features
- Winter Show delves into the dark side of fairytales (3/11/2015) Posted in: Arts