New Coach Stanley Winston Looks For New Success
Idan Waksman ’14
Assistant Sports Editor
1. Have you ever coached before?
Yes for 35 years.
2. How did you end up in Wellesley? Why did you want to come to Wellesley?
Last spring Mr. Brown mentioned to me that he might need help in renewing the enthusiasm for the Wellesley softball program. This past September Mr. Brown and I discussed the position again and I agreed to accept the challenge.
3. What are your goals for this season?
To have some fun, be competitive, and gain some experience playing.
4. What will you bring the team as a coach?
To have the players become more confident in their skill levels. To learn how to catch, throw, and bat at a higher level. To be able to understand the mental aspects of the game.
5. What is one unique thing about you that you believe will make you a successful coach?
Anybody can coach, I consider myself a teacher/coach.
6. What is your favorite thing about softball?
The speed and up tempo of the game.